Friday, February 20, 2015

Manna in the Wilderness

God teaches all of His people the true nature, and awful consequences of sin  and instructs them "to flee from the wrath to come." His teaching makes them wise unto salvation and holy in heart and life. Under His instructions, they  withdraw from the world,   enjoy private devotion,   unite with the saints, and   abound in every good work.

The truth which he unfolds to the understanding He impresses upon the heart. His scholars learn to imitate Him.

Untaught by Him, we are  vain, ignorant, and wicked;  estranged from God, and  hastening to eternal perdition!

To His divine teaching we owe all that we know of self, sin, salvation, and eternal felicity.

He teaches freely and variously  but always effectually.
Reader, are you taught of God? Has he taught you   to hate sin and flee from it,   to know Christ and love Him,   to discover the beauty of holiness and pant to possess it?


[James Smith]







Job 36:22 ... Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?


Isaiah 48:17 ... Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.


Psalm 143:10 ...Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.


Psalm 32:8 ... I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.


Psalm 25:4-5 ...Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.