Wednesday, February 18, 2015

This God Our God

There are two passages in the Scripture which ought never to be separated.

One is "The LORD's portion is His people."
Deuteronomy 32:9. That is God's side.

And the other passage is this:
"The LORD is my portion."
Lamentations 3:24

God and I possess each other. God finds His portion in His people and His people find their portion in God.

His heart is mine; for He loves me.


 
His ear is mine; for I may pour into it all my tales of sorrow and all my songs of joy.

His eyes are mine; for they watch me from morning until night.


His hand is mine; for it is stretched out to uphold me.

This God is mine; in all His glorious perfections!

[Archibald Brown]


     


Psalm 48:14 ... For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.
 
 
 
Isaiah 43:1 ... But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.


Song of Solomon 6:3 ...I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.❤