Saturday, August 1, 2015

If I Could Live a Thousand Lives

Jesus is the chief among ten thousand, and the altogether lovely One! I could not live without Him. To enjoy His company is bliss to me, for Him to hide His face from me is my midnight of sorrow. Oh, forthe power to live, to die, to labor, to suffer as unto Him, and unto Him alone!

I feel that, if I could live a thousand lives, I would like to live them all for Christ; and I should even then feel that they were all too little a return for His great love to me!

[Charles H. Spurgeon]




Song of Solomon 5:10 ... My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand. 

Galatians 2:20 ...  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Philippians 1:21 ...  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.❤