Thursday, February 4, 2016

Look Upon a Humble Christ

Our sins were the cause of Christ's sufferings!   It was our sins which smote Him, and bruised Him!   It was our transgressions which gave Christ His deadly wounds!

Every Christian may look upon Christ and say,  I was that
Judas who betrayed You!  I was that soldier who murdered You!  It was my sins which brought all those sorrows, and sufferings, and evils upon You!  I have sinned and You have suffered!  I have been wicked and You have died!  I have wounded You and You have healed me!"

Oh, that we might look upon  a humble Christ with a humble heart,  a broken Christ with a broken heart, a bleeding Christ with a bleeding heart, a wounded Christ with a wounded heart!

[Thomas Brooks]


✞ ✞ ✞

 


Isaiah 53:5 ... But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.




1 Peter 2:24 ... Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.




1 Corinthians 15:3 ... For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;❤