Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Dead Dog Sinner

Upon arriving to services one Wednesday evening to my surprise there was an old, mangy, rejected, and forsaken dog sitting on the front porch of the church building. I was appalled and repulsed at the dog's sad appearance and horrible condition. This poor creature was in bad shape, yet all I can remember thinking was, "I wish this dog would go away."


I am so grateful that when my merciful, gracious, and compassionate Savior looked upon me, that His attitude was not like mine. "What is Your servant, that You should look upon such a dead dog as I am?" In my sight that poor dog was in bad shape but how much worse do I, a dead dog sinner appear in God's sight?


[David Eddmenson]





Isaiah 64:6 ... But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.


Romans 5:6 ... For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.


Roman 5:8 ... But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


1 John 4:10 ... Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.❤