Thursday, August 25, 2016

What Other Doctrine?

What doctrine is more emptying, humbling, and therefore sanctifying, than predestination? It lays the axe at the root of all human boasting!


In the light of this truth, the most holy believer sees that there is no difference between him and the vilest sinner that crawls the earth but what the sovereign grace of God has made!


[Octavius Winslow]








1 Corinthians 1:27-28 ... But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:




1 Corinthians 15:10 ... But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.



Romans 8:29 ... For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. ❤