Saturday, October 15, 2016

Speak Lord, For Your Servant is Listening!

Lord, I may not expect to hear You speak to me with an audible voice, as You spoke to Samuel; but by Your Word and by Your Spirit.  You still speak to the hearts of Your people.


O Lord, but speak thus unto me. Speak to my mind, my conscience, and my heart words of instruction,  words of warning,  words of reproof,  words of counsel,  words of comfort according as You, in Your infinite wisdom, see fit.


Speak to me as my Savior tell me of Your redeeming mercy.


Speak to me as my Friend draw near and commune with my heart.


Speak to me as my Father and tell me of Your care and constant love.


When burdened with sin, say unto me, "I, even I, am He who blots out your sins as a cloud, and your transgressions as a thick cloud!"


When struggling with inward corruption, say unto my soul, "I am your salvation!"


When distressed in the hour of trial, say unto me, "Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."


In every time of need, say to my heart, "My grace is sufficient for you."


"Speak Lord, for Your servant is listening!"


[Author Unknown]


✞✞




1 Samuel 3:9 ... Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.


Hebrews 12:5 ... And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:


2 Corinthians 12:9 ... And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.❤