Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Newton Quotes

May we sit at the foot of the cross and there learn what sin has done, what justice has done, and what love has done!


I am persuaded that love and humility are the highest attainments in the school of Christ and the brightest evidences that He is indeed our Master!


My grand point in preaching, is to break the hard heart and to heal the broken one!




I am not what I ought to be. Ah! How imperfect and deficient!  I am not what I wish to be. I would abhor what is evil, and cleave to what is good.   I am not what I hope to be. Soon, soon, I shall put off mortality and with mortality, all sin and imperfection. 

Yet, though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I wish to be, nor what I hope to be I can truly say that I am not what I once was, a slave to sin and Satan.  And I can heartily join with the apostle, and acknowledge, "By the grace of God, I am what I am!"


I am still in the land of the dying. I shall be in the land of the living soon!


[John Newton]



✫❤•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫...•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫...•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫