Friday, February 10, 2017

Lord, Let Me Be a Pure Stream

Jordan, that famous river, no doubt runs through many a pleasant meadow, by many a shady grove and flowery bank; and yet at last empties itself into the Dead Sea.


So it is with a wicked man! Here on earth he walks through meadows of worldly pleasures, and rests under the shades of earthly comforts, and sports and wallows among the flowers of worldly delights but at last runs himself down into the Dead Sea of Hell. And not only so, but his earthly delights will fade, his beauty shall be turned into horror, his honor shall be turned into shame, his lusts shall be turned into tormentors, and his pleasures shall be turned into bitterness!


Lord, let me be a pure stream, that I may terminate in Heaven! I care not what difficult channels I pass through here on earth if in Heaven I may exchange my weakness and corruption, for perfection and glory!


[Thomas Sherman]





Matthew 25:45-46 ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.


1 Corinthians 9:24 ... Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.


1 Corinthians 15:54 ... So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.❤