Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Christian Life

The Christian life is a life that consists of following Jesus.

The first step toward a daily following of Christ, is the denying of self.

Many suppose they are followers of Christ, and yet ignore the path which He traveled. They imagine that may decline the unpleasant tasks of denying self and cross bearing and yet enter Heaven when they die. What a delusion!

The one who disregards God's commandments is not walking as Christ walked; instead, he is walking as the world walks.

[A.W. Pink]

  ✞✞✞


Luke 9:23 ... And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
 
 
 
John 3:30 ... He must increase, but I must decrease.
 
 
 
Galatians 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.



John 10:27-28 ...  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.