Sunday, March 10, 2024

He Gave His Entire Self!!

It is utterly impossible to savingly know Jesus, and not become inspired with a desire . to love Him supremely, to serve Him devotedly, to resemble Him closely, to glorify Him faithfully here, and to enjoy Him fully hereafter. And oh, how worthy is the Savior of our most exalted conceptions; of our most implicit confidence; of our most self-denying service; of our most fervent love! 

When He could give us no more, and the fathomless depths of His love and the boundless resources of His grace would not be satisfied by giving us less He gave us Himself! Robed in our nature, laden with our curse, oppressed with our sorrows, wounded for our transgressions, and slain for our sins.

He gave His entire self for us! 

[Octavius Winslow] 

 ✞  ✞  ✞ 

Galatians 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 5:2 ... And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Titus 2:14 ... Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.