Friday, May 10, 2024

The Constraining Love of Jesus!

The love of Jesus has a constraining power, which invincibly impels us to live unto Him. Let it once be "shed abroad in our hearts," and we shall instantly exclaim with rapture, "My Lord, and my God!" "What have I to do any more with idols?" will be the natural effusion of our souls! (Hosea 14:8)  

We will feel a holy indignation at the thought of having wickedly sinned against Him for so long and shall address Him in the language of His repenting people, "O Lord, our God, other masters besides You have ruled over us, but we will acknowledge and mention Your name alone!" (Isaiah 26:13)  

Walk with God as His dear children. Commit to Him your every care and expect from Him a supply of all your needs! Motivated by His all-constraining love, be ready to sacrifice every earthly consideration, and to even lay down life itself for Him! 

[Charles Simeon] 

 ✞  ✞  ✞ 

 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 ... For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Titus 2:14 ...  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Galatians 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.