Saturday, April 19, 2014

Would Jesus Do It?

When anything presents itself, think: if He were alive and in my place, would Jesus do it?  Or if I were about to die, would I still do it?

I must walk as He has walked; and I must live as I intend to die. If the thing in question is not Christ's will it is my sin. And if I die in that sin it will be my ruin.

I will therefore in every action so conduct myself as if Christ were on the one hand and death on the other!

[Thomas Sherman]



 ✞✞✞




1 Peter 2:21 ...  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:


John 13:15 ... For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
 
 
Ephesians 2:10 ... For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.❤