Friday, April 6, 2012

On The Cross ~


1. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34
(Jesus asked for forgiveness for those who crucified Him)

2. "Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." Luke 23:43
(Jesus promised the penitent thief he would meet the Lord in paradise that very day)

3."Woman, behold thy son!" Then saith he to the disciple, "Behold thy mother!" John 19:26-27
(Jesus made provision for the care of His mother by the apostle John)

4. "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Mark 15:34
(Jesus made a statement of isolation. Psalm 22:1)

5."I thirst!' " (John 19:28)
(Jesus expressed physical agony when He acknowledged His thirst)

6. "It is finished." John 19:30
(Jesus made a statement of victory, not defeat)

7. "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." Luke 23:46
(Jesus breathed His last. Psalm 31:5) ❤