Sunday, March 29, 2015

Too Wise To Err

Faith endures the disappointments, the hardships, and the heart-aches of life by recognizing that all comes from the hand of Him who is too wise to err and too loving to be unkind.

There is no higher aspect of faith, than that which brings the heart to patiently submit unto whatever God sends us, to meekly acquiesce unto His sovereign will, to say, "Shall I not drink the cup of suffering which my Father has given me?" Faith when it reaches the pinnacle of attainment declares, "though He slays me, yet will I trust in Him!"

When we receive all that enters our lives as from God's hand, then, no matter what may be our circumstances or surroundings, whether in a hovel, a prison-dungeon, or a martyr's stake, we shall be enabled to say, "The lines have fallen unto me in pleasant place!" But that is the language of faith, not of sight or sense.

[A. W. Pink]


✞✞✞


Psalm 40:8 ... I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.



Luke 22:42 ... Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
 
 
 
Romans 1:17 ... For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.