Friday, October 23, 2015

Put Off the Old Man

Oh, dear friends, be new creatures that you may be glorious creatures. We can call nothing in heaven ours, until Christ is ours. Without regeneration, there is no salvation, "Truly, truly, I say unto you, unless you are converted, and become as little children, you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven." "Truly, truly, I say unto you: Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.'' You have heard much of God, Christ, and heaven, with your ears but this will not bring you to heaven, unless you have much of God, Christ, and heaven in your hearts!

You must be able to say, "I was once a slave of Satan but now am a son of God! Once I was dead but now I am alive! Once I was darkness but now I am light in the Lord! Once I was a child of wrath, an heir of hell but now I am an heir of heaven! Once I was under the spirit of bondage but now I am under the spirit of adoption. A true believer lives:

IN the Lord.
Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 1:1 

ON the Lord.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

FROM the Lord.
As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. John 6:57

TO the Lord.

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. Romans 14:8


WITH the Lord.
For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. 2 Corinthians 13:4

[William Dyer]