Sunday, April 13, 2014

All Our Tears

God keeps all our tears in a bottle; so precious is the water that is distilled from penitent eyes; and because he will be sure not to fail, he notes how many drops there be in his register. It was a precious ointment wherewith the woman in the Pharisee's house anointed the feet of Christ; but her tears, wherewith she washed them, were more worth than her spikenard. 
 
[Abraham Wright]










Luke 7:44 … And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.


Psalm 56:8 … Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

Psalm 126:5 … They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. ❤