Monday, January 17, 2011

"Remember The Duck"

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with in the woods. He practiced and practiced but could never hit the target. Becoming somewhat discouraged; he headed back to dinner.


As he was returning, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let fly, hit the duck square in t...he head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved.


In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the woodpile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but said nothing.


After lunch that day, Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes."


But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen today, didn't you, Johnny?" And then she whispered to him, "Remember, the duck?"


So Johnny did the dishes.


Later Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing, and Grandma said, "I'm sorry, but I need Sally to help make supper."


But Sally smiled and said, "Well, that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help." And she whispered again, "Remember, the duck?"


So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed.


After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He went to Grandma and confessed that he had killed her pet duck and asked her forgiveness.


She knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window, and I saw the whole thing. And because I love you, I forgive you. But I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you."


I don't know what's in your past. I don't know what one sin the enemy keeps throwing up in your face. But whatever it is, I want you to know something…


God is also standing at the window. And He sees everything. And because He loves you, He will forgive you if you will but ask. Perhaps He's wondering how long you will let the enemy make a slave out of you.




The great thing about Jesus is that He not only forgives, but He forgets.




[Author Unknown]





Psalm 32:1-2 ... Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the LORD does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.



1 John 1:9 ... If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.♥