Friday, April 1, 2011

The Rock

Every creature has some rock, some object of dependence and trust; for without this, there would be recklessness or despair. Some make a rock of their wealth, some of their talents, some of their station, some of their friends, some of their good deeds, some of their religious observances, some of their name or fame. But the Christian’s rock is his God, that is — God in Christ. Yes, Jesus is . . . the foundation of his hopes, the source of his strength, the anchor of his safety, and the fountain that supplies him!

[James Smith]





He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. Deuteronomy 32:4

There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2

The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation. 2 Samuel 22:47

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Psalm 62:7

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 1 Corinthians 10:4 ♥