Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Secret Place

The soul which has come into intimate contact with God in the silence of the prayer chamber is never out of conscious touch with the Father; the heart is always going out to Him in loving communion, and the moment the mind is released from the task upon which it is engaged, it returns as naturally to God as the bird does to its nest. What a beautiful conception of prayer we get if we regard it in this light.

[E.M. Bounds]



Psalm 91:1 ... He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.


Psalm 17:8 ... Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings, 


Psalm 32:7 ... Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.


Psalm 95:2 ... Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.


Song of Solomon 2:14 ... O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.


Romans 13:12 ... The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.