Thursday, May 19, 2011

I AM

I was regretting the past and fearing the future.
Suddenly, I heard God speaking....

"My name is 'I AM.'"

He paused. I waited.

He continued, "When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard for you because I am not there. My name is not 'I WAS.'

"When you live in the future with its unknowns and fears, it is hard for you because I am not there. My name is not 'I WILL BE.'

"But when you live in this moment, it is not hard, because I am here. My name is 'I AM'."

[Author Unknown]




Exodus 3:14 … And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Psalm 46:10 …Be still, and know that I AM God:

John 8:58 … Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Hebrews 13:5 … for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 28:20 … and, lo, I AM with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. ♥