Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Security

The Good Shepherd is Christ. He loves us, He cares for us, and He guides us. When Yeshua Jesus, as God, is your refuge, your hiding place, your stronghold, your shepherd, your counselor, your friend, your redeemer, your saviour, your guide… you don't need to search any further for security.

[adapted from a sermon by Elisabeth Elliot ]




Ezekiel 34:12 … As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Psalm 24:4-5 … Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

1 Peter 2:25 … For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Isaiah 40:11 … He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

John 10:11 … I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:14 … I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Psalm 23:1 … The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. ♥