Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Glorious Hope

It is a very blessed thing to be on the watch for Christ, it is a blessing to us now. How it detaches you from the world! You can be poor without murmuring. You can be rich without worldliness. You can be sick without sorrowing. You can be healthy without presumption. If you are always waiting for Christ's coming, untold blessings are wrapped up in that glorious hope.

[Charles H. Spurgeon]





Proverbs 8:34 … Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Jeremiah 17:7 … Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

Titus 2:13 … Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

John 14:2-3 … In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 … Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. ♥