Wednesday, November 16, 2011

God's Powerful Word

The word of God is so powerful that it can transform any and every life. There is power in God's word to make that which does not appear to appear. There is executive power in the word that proceeds from His lips. The psalmist tells us, "He sent His word and healed them"; and do you think that word has diminished in its power? I tell you nay, but God's word can bring things to pass today as of old.

[Smith Wigglesworth]



Jeremiah 1:12 … Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.

Isaiah 55:11 … So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psalm 107:20 … He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Hebrews 4:12 … For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Psalm 91:15-16 … He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation. ♥