Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Lighthouse

There's a Lighthouse on the hillside that overlooks life's sea. When I'm tossed it sends out a light that I might see. And the light that shines in the darkness, now will safely lead us o'er. If it wasn't for the lighthouse, that ship would be no more.


Everybody that lives around me says, tear that lighthouse down. The big ships don't sail this way anymore, there's no use of it standing 'round. Then my mind goes back to that stormy night, when just in time I saw the light. Yes, the light from that old lighthouse, that stands up there on the hill.


And I thank God for the Lighthouse, I owe my life to Him. For Jesus is the Lighthouse, and from the rocks of sin; He has shone a light around me, that I can clearly see. If it wasn't for the Lighthouse, where would this ship be?'

[written by: Ronnie Hinson]


John 8:12 … Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.


1 John 1:7 … But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.


Psalm 36:9 … For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. ♥