Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lay Your Burden Down

We are not designed to be alone and to carry the cares of this life. God tells us to cast ALL of our care upon Him. (1 Peter 5:7) We should not try to shoulder our burdens. The increasing load will break us over time. Instead, we need to lay our burdens down at the foot of the cross. Jesus will meet us there… and He lightens our load!

[Author Unknown]




Psalm 55:22 … Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.


Matthew 11:28-30 … Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


John 8:36 … If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. ❤