Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Looking Above

Sometimes I look into the sunset; the colors are so brilliant to see. It's a picture of the gateway to heaven; and Jesus is waiting there for me.

Each day I climb a little higher; up the staircase where heaven will be. Sometimes my heart becomes excited; for I am anxious my Jesus to see.

At times I become a little weary; as through the valleys of life I roam. I always have strength to keep climbing; for I long to see my heavenly home.

Nothing on earth can ever stop me; as the sunset of life grows dim. One day I will step over the horizon; and forever I will rest there with Him.

[Author Unknown]




Colossians 3:2-4 … Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

2 Corinthians 4:18 … While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Titus 2:13 … Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; ♥