Monday, February 6, 2012

God's Pruning

Pruning is a practice involving “selective removal” that is necessary for growth, for improving, or to maintain health. Bearing good fruit for Jesus requires pruning. If you are the branch being pruned, that may feel unpleasant or painful. But remember, the vine and the branch are growing together as one plant. God’s pruning will lead to completeness in Christ. ℛℒ





John 15:1-2 … I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.


John 15:5 … I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.


John 15:8 … Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.


Galatians 5:22–23 … But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. ♥