Sunday, February 12, 2012

Golden Christians

Under your greatest troubles --- lie your greatest treasures! By the greatest affliction God teaches us the greatest instruction. When a believer lies under God’s hand which afflicts him, he lies in God’s heart which loves him. Suppose, Christian, that the furnace is hot, seven times hotter; it is but to make you seven times more holy! Fiery trials make golden Christians!

[William Dyer]




Lamentations 4:2 … The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!

Zechariah 13:9 … And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Job 23:10 … But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

2 Corinthians 4:17 … For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. ♥