Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lesson From a Bug

I pulled out of my driveway heading for my mom's and noticed a katydid on my windshield.

As I accelerated, I noticed the wind was making his body flutter,but the legs were securely attached to the windshield.

I was sure he would lose his battle to the wind, but he kept hanging on body fluttering in the wind. He did this for a couple of miles. As I slowed down one time he tried to re-adjust his footing.

He released his grip on the windshield with just one leg and it was all over, he was gone.

✞ The wind is our trials.

✞ The windshield is like the word of God.

✞ When we hold on to our "windshield" securely, we are secure.

✞ When things start to settle down we often loosen our grip on God’s word. We start to rely on our strength and understanding rather than staying in God’s word. That’s when the trials comeback and catch us unprepared and the trials drag us away.

✞ If we hold firm to God's word, we will be ready for the trials as they come.

[Author Unknown]



2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 ... Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. ❤