Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Too Shall Pass

If I can endure for this minute, Whatever is happening to me; No matter how heavy my heart is,Or how dark the moment may be.

If I can remain calm and quiet,With all the world crashing about me; Secure in the knowledge God loves me, When everyone else seems to doubt me.

If I can but keep on believing, What I know in my heart to be true; That darkness will fade with the morning, And that this will pass away, too.

Then nothing in life can defeat me, For as long as this knowledge remains; I can suffer whatever is happening, For I know God will break all of the chains.

That are binding me tight in the darkness, And trying to fill me with fear; For there is no night without dawning, And I know that my morning is near.

[Helen Steiner Rice]




James 1:2-3 ... My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.


2 Timothy 2:3 ... Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.


Psalm 30:5 ... For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.


1 Corinthians 15:57 ... But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. ♥