Saturday, March 10, 2012

Jesus Gave His Life

Jesus didn't just die; he died with power and authority. His life wasn't taken from him; he laid it down willingly to die for our sins. His crucifixion was an apparent defeat for him, but turned into a lasting defeat for the evil one who sought to use his death to win a victory over God. No one could take Jesus' life. He gave it willingly to save us and purchase us from death. The Cross is God's power demonstrated in humanity's worst forum. It is our glory!

[Heartlight Devotionals]




John 10:18 ... No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Matthew 20:28 ... Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

John 15:13 ... Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ❤