Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hungry Soul

A man may study because his brain is hungry for knowledge, even Bible knowledge. But he prays because his soul is hungry for God.

[Leonard Ravenhill]





Psalm 42:1-2 ... As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.  My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Psalm 143:6 ... I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.

John 4:34 ... Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Matthew 5:6 ... Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Matthew 4:4 ... But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.  ❤