Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Famous Words of Moses

Most everyone is familiar with Moses' saying, "Let my people go."  But how many realize that these are not his own words?   These are the words of God. And more importantly, how many know the rest of the quote?


God told Moses to say to Pharaoh, "Let my people go so that they may serve Me." Not just "let my people go," but let my people go with a purpose.  And not just any purpose, but that they may serve the Almighty. 




Exodus 7:16 ...  And thou shalt say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.

Exodus 8:1 ... And the Lord spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

Exodus 8:20 ... And the Lord said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me.❤