Friday, June 1, 2012

Spiritual Check-Up

1. Don’t just pretend to love others.  Really love them.
How is my love walk?  Do I really love others or am I just pretending to love them?


2. Hate what is wrong.
Do I really hate what is wrong or do I often make excuses to continue doing, enjoying or participating in those things that I know are wrong in the eyes of God?

3. Hold tightly to what is good. Do I hold on tightly to the things of God?  That which is good?   Do I sometimes allow pride or the love of the world to allow me to loosen my grip on the things of God?


4. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Is my love genuine?   Do I esteem others better than myself? Am I living out true love as described in 1 Corinthians 13? Do I delight in honoring others?

5. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
Do I give the Lord my all or do I only give Him my leftovers?   Do I serve from a happy heart or do I moan and groan?    Is my service to Him real?

6. Rejoice in our confident hope.
Do I rejoice in the hope I have in Christ? Do others see God's hope springing out of me?

7. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Am I patient, even when things aren't going my way? Do I keep pressing in to God?  Does my hope remain steady and sure?

8. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them.
Am I there for those in need?  Can God count on me to be His hands and His feet?   Do I help willfully and cheerfully?

9. Always be eager to practice hospitality.
Do I look for opportunities to serve others? Do I welcome people into my home, into my life?

10. Bless those who persecute you.
Do I do this?   Do I give back good in place of the evil I have received?

11. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them.
Again ... Do I do this?  Do I pray for God to extend His hand of mercy, grace and love to those who have hurt me?

12. Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.
Do I honestly share in the joy and sadness of those around me? Are my tears genuine?   Is my joy sincere?

13. Live in harmony with each other.
Do I live peacefully with those in my own home, at my office, or sharing the highway with me?  Do I avoid gossip, backbiting, etc.  Do I go the extra mile to keep the peace?

14. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people.
Do I ever think I am better than other people? Or act as if I am? Am I exclusive?

15. And don’t think you know it all!
Do I do THIS?!


[message from the Internet]



Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;  Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;  Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.  Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.  Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Romans 12:9-16