Friday, September 28, 2012

I Give Up

Here I am, standing on the edge.
I can't make it alone anymore.
I fall to my knees,


Lord, I give up. Forgive me.

I've come to the place,
Where you are is what I need.
I have no one to blame.
I give up, take away these sins.

Too long the road I've walked,
Carrying in my heart,
Those things I should cast aside.
This is where I give up.

Here I am, waiting for your love;
Waiting for your embrace,
Giving my soul and might to you.

Forgive me.

[ a prayer of surrender to the Lord by: Adam Herring]





Matthew 16:24 ... Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 


1 John 1:9 ... If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 22:16 ... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.