Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pure in Heart



Pure in heart may I be,
Yea, may my heart be pure;
May it be clean and radiant,
May my love endure.



I live for You, my Master,
I seek You and Your will;
Purify my heart then,
With Your Spirit fill.



Your radiant face,
My Lord, I long to see;
I am Yours, my Jesus,
Now and eternally.


Surely the pure in heart
Shall see Your glorious face;
They shall taste Heaven
And feel Your embrace.


Let not a blemish then
Taint my purity;
In me Your luminous love
May all others see.


For who is pure like You?
Whose heart is as clean?
No lovelier sight than You,
My Lord, have I seen.


 Glimmering, glowing,
Far brighter than the sun,
Such is Your heart
Shining, Eternal One.


My Redeemer, my King,
Your loves does endure;
My heart is one with Yours,
Yea, my heart You make pure.


[Caroline Gavin ©August 2012]





Psalm 51:10 ... Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.


Hebrews 10:22 ... Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.


Matthew 5:8 ... Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Image: A Lighthouse.Com