Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wherever I Open My Bible

I find my Lord in the Bible,
Wherever I chance to look;
He is the theme of the Bible,
The center and heart of the Book.
He is the Rose of Sharon,
He is the Lily fair;
Wherever I open my Bible,
The Lord of the Book is there.
He, at the Book's beginning,
Gave to the earth its form;
He is the Ark of shelter,
Bearing the brunt of the storm.
The Burning Bush of the desert,
The budding of Aaron's rod;
Wherever I look in the Bible,
I see the Son of God.
The Ram upon Mount Moriah,
The Ladder from earth to sky;
The Scarlet Cord in the window,
And the Serpent lifted high.
The Smitten Rock in the desert,
The Shepherd with staff and crook;
The face of my Lord I discover,
Wherever I open the Book.
He is the Seed of the Woman,
The Savior Virgin- born;
He is the Son of David,
Whom men rejected with scorn.
His garments of grace and beauty,
The stately Aaron deck;
Yet He is a Priest forever,
For He is Melchizedek.
Lord of eternal glory,
Whom John, the Apostle, saw;
Light of the Golden City,
Lamb without spot or flaw.
Bridegroom coming at midnight.
For whom the Virgins look;
Wherever I open my Bible,
I find my Lord in the Book.

[Author Unknown]







Deuteronomy 4:29 ... But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jeremiah 29:13 ... And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 1:1 ... In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.