- 4 cups milk
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 small peppermint candy canes
- Heat the milk until steaming hot – NOT boiling.
- Add the chocolate and crushed peppermint candy and allow them to melt and become smooth.
- Pour into Christmas mugs and garnish with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
- Or add candy cane stirring stick to make it extra special.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon red food color
2 tablespoons finely crushed peppermint candies
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Stir together 1 cup sugar, the butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
3. For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface. Place 1 red and white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane.
4. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown. Immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.