Friday, January 11, 2013

Genuine Rest

After a person has forsaken his natural longings he obtains a genuinely restful life. Formerly he had many desires. To satisfy them he planned, plotted and contrived, exhausting every ounce of his wisdom and power. His heart was in constant turmoil. But that child of God who purely follows the spirit and seeks not his own pleasure is satisfied with what God gives to him: and his restlessness immediately ceases.

[Watchman Nee]






John 14:27 ... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Philippians 4:7 ... And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Matthew 11:28 ... Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Isaiah 57:2 ... He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness. ❤