Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Prayer


What shall I ask for the coming year, What shall my watchword be?
What should thou do for me, dear Lord, 
What can I do for thee?

Lord, I would ask for a year of faith, Give me Thy faith divine,
Taking my full inheritance, Making Thy fullness mine.


Lord, I would ask for a year of love; Oh, let me love Thee best!

Give me the love that faileth not, Under the hardest test.

Lord I would ask for a busy year, Filled up with service true;
Doing with all Thy Spirit’s might, All that I find to do.

Lord, I would ask for a year of prayer, Teach me to walk with Thee;
Breathe in my heart Thy Spirit’s breath, Pray Thou, Thy prayer in me.

Lord I would ask for a year of joy, Thy peace, Thy joy divine,
Springing undimmed thru all the days, Whether of shade or shine.

Lord, I would ask for a year of hope, And hastening on that year of years,
That brings us Christ and home. Looking for Thee to come.

[Author Unknown]




Matthew 6:33 ... But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


Psalm 34:8 ... O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.






Titus 2:13 ...  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;