Monday, April 29, 2013

Kissing Rain

Warm rain falling down upon my face,
gentle and pleasing I'm poised to embrace.

The rain dances upon my lips,
I feel each drop as it skips.

Father, You're Kissing me from heaven again,
seems like forever, but I remember then.

Wash the tears now from away my face,
till Your sweet rain is all I can taste.

Soothing rain... my lips embrace,
I close my eyes and seek Your face.


[Preston Pittman]


Isaiah 45:8 ... Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

Hosea 6:3 ... Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Psalm 72:6 ...  He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.