Friday, July 26, 2013

Outward Appearance

A man transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church that he was to be introduced as the new pastor that morning. He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes while it was filling with people for service.  Only 3 people out of the 10,000 people said hello to him. He asked people for change to buy food. No one in the church gave him change. He went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit in the back. He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty looks, with people looking down on him and judging him.

As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church announcements and such. When all that was done, the elders went up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church to the congregation.  "We would like to introduce to you Pastor."  The congregation looked around clapping with joy and anticipation.  The homeless man sitting in the back stood up  and started walking down the aisle.  The clapping stopped with all eyes on him.  He walked up the altar and took the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused for a moment; then he recited:

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."  Matthew 25:34-40

After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and told them all what he had experienced that morning.  Many began to cry and many heads were bowed in shame.  He then said, "today I see a gathering of people, not a church of Jesus Christ. The world has enough people, but not enough disciples.  When will YOU decide to become disciples?"
He then dismissed service until next week.
Being a Christian is more than something you claim. It is something you live by and share with others!

[Author Unknown]


1 Samuel 16:17 ... But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Romans 14:4 ... Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

2 Corinthians 10:7 ... Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.❤