Tuesday, December 10, 2013

High Tower of God

Our lives are full of supposes. Suppose this should happen, or suppose that should happen; what could we do; how could we bear it? But, if we are living in the high tower of the dwelling place of God, all these supposes will drop out of our lives. We shall be quiet from the fear of evil, for no threatening of evil can penetrate into the high tower of God.

[Hannah Whitall Smith]





Proverbs 18:10 … The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. 


2 Samuel 22:3 … The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.


Psalm 61:3 … For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.  ❤