Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Our Great Lesson

At best we know but little—and we are slow to learn. But the Lord has promised to instruct us. The Lord's teaching always produces humility,  self-loathing,  confidence in God,  zeal for His glory, and  heart devotion to Christ!


The Lord's teaching always brings us to the feet of Jesus, and  delivers us from the present evil world.


Under Divine instruction we learn the true nature of sin,  the vanity of the world,  the emptiness of creatures, and the fullness and preciousness of Christ!

 
The Lord will teach us to profit, and sanctify us through the truth He imparts. Christ is our great lesson and to know Him rightly is life, peace and joy!

Is Jesus your Teacher? Then sit at His feet,  treasure up His Words,  and show forth His praise!

He says, "Learn of Me." Learn to
know Him,  love Him,  obey Him, and  live upon Him!

[James Smith]


 ✞✞✞


Psalm 32:8 ... I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.


Psalm 25:4-5 ... Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.


Psalm 27:11 ... Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.


Job 36:22 ... Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?