Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Portion

Many people are proud of their possessions, and boast of their wealth; yet their possessions are very limited, and their wealth has wings and may at any time flee away!

A Christian may not be proud but he has great reason to be thankful.

He can look over the whole earth, and say, "My wealth exceeds all this!"

He can look up and gaze on the starry heavens and say, "My property exceeds this vast expanse!"

He may try to conceive of the greatness and glory of the created universe, and then say, "I claim more than all this!"

Looking up to the author, owner, and disposer of all worlds he can say, "You are my portion, O Lord!"

 
[James Smith]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Psalm 16:5 ... The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
 
 
Psalm 73:26 ... My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
 
 
 
Psalm 119:57 ... Thou art my portion, O Lord: I have said that I would keep thy words.