Wednesday, October 15, 2014

God is Everywhere!

The teaching of the Bible on this point is clear, plain, and unmistakable. God is everywhere! There is no place in heaven or earth, where He is not. There is no place in air or land or sea, no place above ground or under ground, no place in town or country, no place in Europe, Asia, Africa, or America where God is not always present.

Enter into your room and lock the door, God is there. Climb to the top of the highest mountain, where not even an insect moves, God is there. Sail to the most remote island in the Pacific Ocean, where the foot of man never trod, God is there. He is always near us, seeing, hearing, observing; knowing every action, and deed, and word, and whisper, and look, and thought, and motive, and secret of everyone of us, wherever we are.

[J. C. Ryle]
 
 
  ✞✞✞
 
 
Genesis 16:13 ... And she called the name of the Lord that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?
 
 
Proverbs 15:3 ... The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
 
 
Job 34:21-22 ... For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.
 
 
Psalm 139:23-24 ... Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.