Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bring Your Sorrows

In your moment of disappointment and despair, Jesus meets you with the gracious words, "Bring it here unto Me." And now your spirit revives, your heart bounds, at the words, and you exclaim, "Behold, Lord, I come!"
 
Jesus says, "Bring your sorrows to Me!" Never did the soul find so powerful a magnet, attracting to itself affliction in every form, and sorrow in every shade as Jesus. Standing as in the center of a world of woe, He invites every daughter of sorrow, of sin, of grief to repair to Him for support, sympathy, and healing. As the High Priest of His Church for whom alone He suffered, and wept, and sobbed, He unveils a bosom capacious enough and loving enough, and sympathizing enough to embrace every sufferer, and to pillow every grief. Accept, then, His compassionate invitation, and bring your grief to the soothing, sustaining, sanctifying grace of His heart!
 
[Octavius Winslow]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Matthew 11:28-29 ... Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 
 
 
Matthew 17:17 ... Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

 
Isaiah 53:5 ... But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
 
 
 
1 Peter 5:7 ... Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.