Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Portion!

The redeemed have all their good in God. God Himself is the great good which they are brought to the possession and enjoyment of by redemption. He is the highest good, and the sum of all that good which Christ purchased. God Himself is the inheritance of the saints; He is the portion of their souls. God Himself is their wealth and treasure, their food, their life, their dwelling place, their ornament and diadem, and their everlasting honor and glory!
 
The glorious excellencies and beauty of God will be what will forever entertain the minds of the saints. The love of God will be their everlasting feast. The redeemed will indeed enjoy other things; they will enjoy the angels, and will enjoy one another. But that which they shall enjoy in the angels, or each other, or in anything else whatsoever, which will yield them delight and happiness, will be what will be seen of God in them!

[Jonathan Edwards]
 
 
  ✞✞✞
 
 
 
Psalm 16:5 ... The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
 
 
 
Psalm 119:57 ...  Thou art my portion, O Lord: I have said that I would keep thy words.
 
 
 
Psalm 73:26 ... My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.


Psalm 142:5 ... I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.❤