Friday, April 24, 2015

Growth in Grace

One of the remarkable things about growth in grace is that the more you grow, the smaller you become in your own eyes.

In the first epistle Paul ever wrote, he was "the least of all apostles."

He later wrote to the Ephesians that he was "less than the least of all the saints."

Shortly before his death he wrote to Timothy, "I am the chief of sinners." 


[Todd Nibert]



1 Corinthians 15:9 ... For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.


Ephesians 3:8 ... Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;


1 Timothy 1:15 ... This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.



Romans 7:24-25 ...  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
2 Peter 3:18 ... But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.❤